Deadline: July 25, 2013
Pottery is an integral part of human existence around the world. As long as 2,000 years ago pots were being made in Alberta. The province’s current clay scene features a rich array of classic, innovative and experimental work by studio potters, as well as prominent clay projects and educational programs.
This exhibition is looking for Alberta ceramic artists who create tableware or ceramic pieces related to cooking, dining and celebration. Work selected for this exhibition may include:
- place settings
- serving dishes
- children’s sets
- baking and cooking pieces (bean pot, tajine, casserole, etc.)
- tea and other drinking sets
Potworks will run in the Alberta Craft Council’s Feature Gallery from October 5 – December 24, 2013.
- Current CV
- Artist Biography & Statement
- 3 – 10 Images with Image List
- High quality images of the work to be presented in the exhibition
- High quality portrait of the artist (in the studio or against a neutral background)
- The image list must include: title, year created, dimensions, materials and techniques